Calmbirth is a philosophy of childbirth.
What is Calmbirth?
Calmbirth is a philosophy of childbirth education. Kath a highly experience Registered Midwife runs educational workshops to assist women and their partner/support person to learn relaxation and breathing techniques in preparation for the birth of their child.
With a practical approach couples are taught techniques to enable them to reduce their fear of childbirth and approach birth with a calm, less stressful atmosphere. Partner and/or support person are encouraged to be actively involved in the process of birth, supporting the woman as learned in the Calmbirth workshops.
In Kath's Calmbirth Workshops your partner/support person will be assisted with techniques to support you throughout the labour and birth. Calm birth is also about the three of you in labour, the woman in labour, her partner and of course the baby. All three of you work together during labour. During a workshop we discuss how the role of the support person/partner is vital, we discuss how to have less intervention and therefore less chance of an operative birth.
Most couples attend Kath's Calmbirth Workshops when they are 26-34 weeks pregnant, however couples can pay a deposit early, dates are now listed for 2017 please book as early as you like to avoid being disappointed, some couples make the mistake of booking when they are late in the 3rd trimester and the workshops are booked out. If you have any questions regarding Calmbirth Kath would be happy to answer them via email at email@example.com or on mobile on 0409705070.
Benefits of Calmbirth
- Calmbirth relieves tension, therefore reducing anxiety and fear to enhance your childbirth experience.
- By learning the stages and phases of labour and how the hormones can influence these stages, women will have an understanding of the process using the Calmbirth techniques.
- The techniques discussed in the Calmbirth workshops include breathing, relaxation, visualisation and medication. The women will practice these techniques and utilise their inner resources in the preparation of the birth of their child.
- Practical guidance for the partners and/or support persons during the labour, to integrate and influence the experience with positive effects.
- We will discuss birth options, interventions that may be likely and assists couples to make choices. We will guide the couples to make informed decisions using evidence base practices.
- Parenting and the baby’s first hours and days will be “work shopped” how we may influence this using practical yet calm techniques to assist the baby in their transition to the outside world.